Current mood: 🍪
Protein VG stuffed cookies. A soft almond protein cookie with a smooth chocolatey centre – I’m sold.
Makes 15 cookies
* 120 ml Sweet Freedom Fruit Syrup
* 80 ml coconut oil
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* ½ tsp almond essence
* 80 g buckwheat flour
* 60g GF oat flour
* 40g vegan protein powder
* ½ tsp salt
* 100 g ground almonds
* 150 g dark (70% cacao) chocolate
* 3 tbsp coconut oil
* 3 tbsp fruit syrup
* 3 tbsp almond butter
* 20g vegan protein powder
1. In a bowl, whisk up syrup, oil, vanilla and almond essence until well combined.
2. Place a fine sieve over the bowl and sift in flour and protein powder. Fold it well into the wet ingredients together with salt.
3. Finally fold in ground almonds until fully combined. You may need to go in with your hands at the very end. The dough should be thick and sticky.
4. Refrigerate the dough for 30-60 minutes at least.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 160° C / 355° F and divide the dough into 30 even portions.
6. Place the dough balls on a baking tray leaving some room around each cookie. Flatten each ball with the palm of your hand or an upside down glass.
7. Bake for about 15 mins, or until golden. Remove the biscuits from the oven, transfer them to a cooling rack and let them cool down completely.
1. Melt chocolate, syrup, oil and almond butter.
2. Remove from heat and add protein powder.
3. Simmer gently, without stirring, until all the chocolate has melted.
4. Leave to cool and slightly firm. Portion equally between the cookies.