Oats are a whole-grain food loaded with vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidant plant compounds. The antioxidant properties may reduce inflammation and lower blood pressure, whilst the high levels of beta-glucan found in oats can increase the feeling of fullness and increase the growth of good bacteria in our guts. For these reasons, I eat a bowl of oatmeal at least once a day, normally twice!
In my opinion, chocolate and banana were made for one another, so here is my super simple, vegan friendly, chocolate and banana zoats recipe with protein frosting.
1/2 medium zucchini, grated
1 medium banana
10g unsweetened cocoa powder
1 scoop soy protein powder
METHOD FOR ZOATS:
1. Heat the grated zucchini in a microwave or on a stove top until soft
2. Add oats, cocoa powder and half a chopped banana to the zucchini and cover with water
3. Cook in the microwave or on stove top until desired consistency
4. Top with the remaining half of the banana and the protein frosting.
METHOD FOR PROTEIN FROSTING:
1. Mix one scoop of protein with 2 teaspoons of water. Keep mixing and adding water slowly until desired consistency.