If theres one thing I have realised when it comes to fitness, motivation will come and go; it will never be constant. Here are my top 5 tips to staying motivated:
- Focus on your goal and keep that in mind. Grab a pen and actually write down what you want to achieve and how you will get there. Its easy to fall into the motions and forget why we started or where we want to go. Make the goal specific, measurable and achievable.
- Get inspired. This might be scrolling through social media, listening to a podcast or watching youtube. Use the content around you to inspire your fitness journey.
- Reward yourself. This may sound a little silly but new gym outfits give me a burst of motivation to get into the gym.
- Make your fitness schedule enjoyable. Try new things and find what works for YOU. Most of the time motivation can ween because we do not enjoy the type of exercise we are doing. Don’t be afraid to try new things, there is no one way to do fitness!
- Do not punish yourself if you are not feeling motivated. Chill and take a step back. Not everyday will be perfect and there will be periods were we don’t feel motivated. Let these moments come and go.